Ingredients and method
- Coarsely chopped babaco fruit including skin. The babaco should be ripe or just under ripe, but not over ripe,
- Add to a glass jar, then add
- Dried or fresh chopped chilli to taste,
- Optional – you can also add julienne grated carrot if you like.
- Add a good white vinegar, some sugar and salt.
- Pop on the lid and give it a shake.
- Place in refrigerator
- Shake it up a bit for a few days and store the jar in the fridge.
- Your babaco pickles will be ready to eat after a few days.
- I add fresh babaco to my jar and keep it going.
Babaco is also known as Mountain Papaya with botanical name Vasconcellea (Carica) X heilbornii (pentagona)