Spring Plant Sale at Gunyah Garden
Spring plant sale of unusual and difficult to find herbs, grapes and edible plants. A Sunday afternoon pop-up nursery at Karen’s garden Gunyah. All of the plants are propagated from Karen’s garden.
Limited numbers available
PLANTS FROM CRETE
– Dittany of Crete (pictured)
– Mountain Tea from Crete
– Cretan Calamint
– Perennial Sea Chicory from Crete
Traditionally a strengthening tea is made from Dittany, Mountain Tea and Chamomile. The perennial bitter green chicory can be eaten raw or cooked.
– Cinnamon Myrtle
– Old Man Saltbush ‘de Kock’ best tasting variety, only available from Karen’s garden
– Strawberry Gum (seed was externally sourced)
– Native Elder Flower, makes a delicious cordial or infused into honey to relive coughs and colds.
– Perennial Thai Basil, Purple flowers all year round, that bees love, as well as purple veined leaves
– Strawberry Grape, shade tolerant, disease free grape smells and tastes better than most strawberries!